Sunday, July 24, 2011

Lyme, Lyme go away .....

So it is the end of my second week of official training for the Marine Corps Marathon and now I know why I have been achy. The training has been going well. I had a nice 12 mile run in St. John's yesterday and felt good doing a hot 3 miles when we arrived back in Virginia today ... but .... I have been more than a little achy and I now know why.

I had gone for my annual physical a little over a week ago and when they were going through the planned blood tests I asked if they could also throw in a Lyme screening because I had been achy and had trouble sleeping. Well I got the word while in Newfoundland that my suspicions we correct and I once again had Lyme disease. Well now that I know I can treat it and hopefully the achiness will also disappear.

In regards to the MCM training I am going to start adding some pieces to my running page as an ongoing update. It should be fun given this weeks long run is 14 miles.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: