Monday, April 23, 2012

Ch-ch-changes

The last couple of weeks have been busy and not just for me but for Kris as well.

On my side I wound down my career at Entrust after more years than I can remember. There were certainly a lot of great years and I learned a lot from a lot of great people that worked at Entrust as well as people that I worked with during my years there. But as they say (or at least my Mom does), "change is as good as a rest" and it was time for a change.

Today I start with a company called Venafi. The market does have some intersection with the market Entrust is in but there is a broader market as well. I will be helping Venafi build their Government business from a sales, product and marketing perspective so I am very excited about the opportunity.

But my change is little - Kris has decided to become a Patriot. For those not from the area that means she has decided to attend George Mason University. She had applied to 3 schools including VCU, GMU and Mary Washington. She was accepted at all three but after visiting them she decided GMU was the place for her. I am very excited for her. I know that there will be challenges but I know that we will be there to help her through those.

I guess now I can consider myself old with two college aged kids .... but I could not be prouder

No comments: