Saturday, August 22, 2015

Another Year Passes

This has been a full year.  People say you slow down when you hit 50 .... I did not see that.  Work has been busy, the kids have been active with their lives, and then Laura and I decide to move to the mountains of western North Carolina.

And it has been an adventure. First finding the house for us in a snowstorm in February, taking possession of the house in April and then beginning the work of making some changes we wanted, like gutting the basement and putting in hardwood floors.  This of course while working full time, plus some.

The move was an adventure. Arranging the move and then finding out it would take two days to pack the house and get it in a truck and then take a week to get here ... the same day I had to leave on a business trip. I got back to a house full of boxes, a pool pump I needed to replace and then having to leave again a day later.

Well finally I was able to be home for a couple of weeks. We unpacked,  most things, got the pool up and running and started to get used to WNC.

And as soon as we started to settle down we found Nala. But that is another story.

No comments: