Wednesday, March 26, 2008

First ride of the spring ....

Decided to take the bike off the trainer and get it outside. Well it was my mountain bike since I am rebuilding my road bike - but it was still nice to get out. I wonder if the heavy mountain bike with those 2+" tires is as good a training tool as I think. It was not a huge ride - just under 25 miles - a reasonable pace 16 mph - but nice to get out. Really motivates me to get my road bike back together so I can get it back on the road. The plan is to switch the tires on the mountain bike for commuting during the week and then use the road bike on the weekend. I hope to start commute riding in mid-April. A couple of days a week to start. It is 25 miles each way so that will add 100 good miles for a week on top of the weekend riding. Less than 10 weeks for the Sprint - so all the time on the bike will help.

cu

No comments: