Sunday, July 27, 2008

Another Good Weekend

Does a good Friday count as the start of a good weekend? I got up Friday wanting to run. Decided to add some distance to my usual runs. To put this in perspective I have been running a little over a year so for me a long run has been 5 miles. Friday I planned out a 10K route and figured if I needed to I could walk a bit. I not only ran it but did it at a good pace for me - just around a 8:30 mile. I felt great.

Saturday when I got up I was wondering if my run the day before would affect my ride. I was about 22 miles into my ride and pulled up to a stop light. A fellow biker who I had passed some time before came up breathing hard. The only words he said were "Man you keep a wicked pace". I smiled. We rode for a couple of miles and he broke off, I went to Purcellville then turned around and completed the full 50 miles. A good encouraging ride.

Then to top off this weekend my girls were in Detroit at the AAU Junior Olympics. Sam brought home medals in Kata (bronze) and Kumite (silver); Kris brought home silvers in Kobudo and Kata and; Tika brought home three bronze medals. I was very proud of all of them. It has been a great competitive year for them.

... cu

No comments: