Saturday, July 19, 2008

VA Cyclists are great .....

I know I will sometimes complain about cyclists not obeying traffic laws but when it comes to other stuff they are great. I went out to Purcellville today for a quick 50 mile ride. When I got to Purcellville I noticed that my front tire was feeling a bit low but nothing too dramatic. As I was riding back I came onto Charles Town Pike and noticed that the tire was done. Not sure if it was a pinch flat from the low pressure but there I was a good 16-17 miles from home with a flat. I pulled over and pulled out the spare tube I carry. I had at least 6 people stop and offer aid. I said I should be ok - I did not have a pump but I had cartridges that I thought were fine. One guy stayed as I changed the tube. When the time came to fill it ---- well both cartridges were empty. Another guy had stopped at this point and we used his pump. The whole time we were working on it, maybe 2 or 3 minutes, everyone that passed offered aid. Needless to say I was grateful. Not sure what I would have done without the extra help.

The other bit of good news was that Tika got her AP History grade back. She received a 4, highest possible is a 5. The 4 means she receives a college credit for the course. Woo hoo for Tika. This must be the summer of Tika :-)

.... cu

No comments: