Sunday, September 7, 2008

Reston Triathlon ....

What a variety of a weekend. Saturday I was volunteering at the Reston Triathlon packet pick up. The early morning was ok but by mid morning Tropical Storm Hanna let us know that she was going to have an influence and at times it was truly raining horizontal. The day was great - I got to meet lots of great people in the AM and even get some insider information which will be good for next years race. I got to spend most of the afternoon in a great long conversation - thanks for the tea Miho :-).

Sunday was the day of the race - sunny and warm. Because of the rain Saturday they canceled the swim, too much debris in the lake, so the race became a duathlon. I volunteered as a bike marshal - making sure the bikers were safe and that the drivers knew what was going on. It was a little bit frustrating knowing that the race dropped my worst event and that there were a number of people that dropped out leaving empty spots. It would have been great to race - BUT volunteering is very rewarding in a different way. Again I met some great people and left the race motivated to make sure I am in and ready for next years event.

Off to Ottawa Wednesday --- hope all have a GREAT week.

Gary

No comments: