Friday, November 16, 2012

Fall Morning Runs

Tuesday I woke up and wanted to go for a nice run ... nothing ridiculous but maybe 4 or 5 miles. I checked the temperature and it was 32. Ok, maybe a bit cool and certainly my coolest morning yet so I decided I would slip on my Nike tights which are a bit thicker. They are actually ones that have almost a compression feel around the knees.

So off I go. A mile in my legs are just not feeling right, after 2 I decided I had to take a short cut back to the house and was done in just about 2.5. I was disappointed. But I learned some things.

- Compression clothing is good but you have to be used to it and wanting to run even a regular 5 miles the first tome out in something that you are not used to wearing is likely not a good idea.
- 32 is not that cold - so this morning when it was 35 I was back in shorts.

My run this morning was a nice 10k in 35 degree weather. It was easy and relaxing but invigorating at the same time. I loved it. Adding hills also helps and I am ever grateful that they opened that Croson-Belmont piece. I never would have thought it would have been so useful for exercise.

I am looking forward to more cool mornings and making sure I dress properly for them - not too much but not too little either.

Happy Running!

No comments: