Monday, November 24, 2008

Next Big Race .....

So this week will be an interesting one - not only is it Thanksgiving week which means a couple of days off - but I am heading to Atlanta to run a half-marathon. This will be my longest race to date.

The motivation for the race is a good friend of mine, Blanche, who is a frequent marathoner (is that a word? I guess so as I did not get a spell check error), wanted to run it and she figured it was a drive down and asked if I wanted to run the marathon as well. I acquiesced to the half as it seemed the next logical step for me in racing. So we are driving down to Atlanta Tuesday afternoon so we can get ready for the race on Thursday morning. I am a little bit anxious as it has been a few weeks since I have run after my adventures on Old Rag but I am feeling great so I think the half will be a perfect race.

I will make sure to post an update from Atlanta - it may be short as I may post it from my cell - depending on if I can get regular internet access.

Have a GREAT week ---- cu

No comments: