Monday, March 8, 2010

Race Results

Saturday's run was a nice one - ok the hill that you are halfway through when you reach mile one was a bit less than nice but the weather was good - lots of people and a great cause.

The course meanders through Broadlands with some small rolling hills and one good climb (the mile one climb). My phone GPS said it was a little over 5 miles but all my other maps said 5 miles so not sure what is going on with the phone. In either case I ran it in 40:40 putting me 189th in a field of 596 - so right in the top 1/3rd - which I was happy with.

The next race is a 10K in a couple of weeks in Fredericksburg. I just got some new running shoes so I will start training in those tomorrow. The old ones were well worn, as my legs will attest to, having been running in Texas, California, Florida, Tennessee, Ottawa, Switzerland, and of course Virginia.

OK - back to work

.... cu

No comments: