Sunday, February 6, 2011

A Few Days Near LA

So as we fly back from LAX I thought it would be a good time to give everyone an update on our trip.

I flew out to LA Monday past for a few days work in Santa Monica. The days were long but informative and enjoyable. I had dinner at Mr Chows on Monday night where our CEO made sure that everyone got to experience


Mr Chows Peking Duck. Tuesday afternoon we spent a couple of hours with one of our customers having fun at their studio making commercials - which was fun but do not ask me about the one I was in.

Thursday Laura flew in to join me in Santa Monica for a night before we headed down to Marina Del Rey for the rest of the weekend. After my meetings finished Thursday we spent a bit of time checking out Santa


Monica and then spent Friday afternoon down the beach in Venice. Venice Beach, what can I say about it? Part carnival sideshow, part "look at me" and very little beach. We did see some great art down there including some metal sculptures. I will be getting some more pics up on Picasa in the next day or so and will put a link to it on the page.

We did have some great meals as well. Friday at the Figtree in Venice Beach and Saturday afternoon we hit Hal's Grill after checking out the Venice Galleries. Both Figtree and Hal's were very good. Saturday night we checked out Cafe Del Rey which had some amazing food including a great veal chop and a duo of lamb which just melted in your mouth.

California is always fun with the sun, interesting people and beautiful cars and it only gets exponentially better when I get to spend some time there with my beautiful wife.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:in the stratosphere

No comments: