Saturday, March 21, 2009

Today was more fun ....

Not sure if it is the fact that it is Spring or that it was at least sunny but today's run was more fun. So far since Atlanta I have not run more than 5 miles so today was a "lets see how we do at 6 and a bit".

I got up a little later than usual - and when I did and I saw that it was 25 degrees outside I decided to wait a bit. Finally at 8:30 and 28 degrees I decided that I better get out or I was going to waste my entire day. So off I went. I did my usual 10K circuit around Brambleton and Broadlands. It is nice as it has some trails as well as hills so a good variety. The first mile or two was tough but then the "just run" kicked in and the rest was fun.

It was a casual run - a 9:30 pace but it felt good. Kind of nice given that two weeks tomorrow is the 10 miler. Now I know I can run it - the only question is how fast. Well I have two weeks to enjoy some more runs before then - and I know I will.

.... cu

No comments: