Monday, August 22, 2011

On my actual Birthday

Well you now know that Laura did everything she possibly could to make this a wonderful weekend and she did not stop with Friday and Saturday but the girls and Laura made my actual birthday special as well.

First off she made sure that I was to relax all day ... well relax for me since I always like to be doing things. The girls came over just before lunch and we had a great barbecue with some local lamb sausage, that I had just picked up, some hot dogs and vegan sausage, grilled portobello mushrooms an all the trimmings. Laura and the girls came out singing Happy Birthday with a beautiful vegan chocolate cake that was oh so delicious and oh so rich.

The girls had made sure that I was prepped for cooking by replacing some of my worn out baking sheets and adding to my barbecue tools with a pizza stone for barbecueing pizza. We cracked open a DVD set that Mom had sent for my birthday. For those from Newfoundland you will be familiar with Republic of Doyle. For those that are not it is a great way to see the sites and sounds of Newfoundland. We spent the afternoon relaxing and laughing and watching RoD. After we dropped the girls off I cracked open my Wasmund's Single Malt and Laura made supper for me, after which I got to have more cake, leftovers from my carrot cake, and a glass of port.

This was the best weekend I have had in a very long time - I think since October 10th. Laura truly outdid herself in making this an extra special weekend and I will always remember it.

Thank you sweetheart.

No comments: