Monday, March 28, 2011

Go RAMS!!!!!

Anyone that knows me knows that basketball is not high on the interest list for me - or at least never was. For that matter - the big college sports - football and basketball never were. That being said I will readily admit that Laura has helped educate me on not just these but also on tennis and now I will watch and in fact have begun following college football and basketball.

This year was more meaningful for basketball since I now had a daughter in college and knowing how big athletics is, generally speaking, in US colleges I thought it would be good to be involved and aware in case she became more involved in student life. Well little did I think that her University's basketball team would tear up the NCAA National Championships.

A team that came into the championships as one of 4 "add-ons", who was soundly trashed by the press and everyone else for being brought in, has shown that you do not need to be a big name school to have a lot of heart and dedication. Coach Smart, one of the young coaches in the NCAA has created a team that has surprised just about everyone - I think except for the team themselves - who seem to go out there and put forward their best. And it is not just one player but the entire team that comes together to support each other.

Now they are in the Final Four and I do not doubt that they can make it one step further - but whether they do or not Coach Smart and the team has done Tika's school proud.

Go RAMS!!!

No comments: