Thursday, March 24, 2011

Quiet in DC

There are lots of time I complain about living in the DC area. The traffic is some of the worst in the country, and Laura can attest to that, and there is always a heightened sense of security. But there are also many things to love about it - open space is never too far away; lots of museums and galleries and there is wonderful architecture.

Some of my favorites are the frequently overlooked. Places like the National Building Museum and one Union Station.

Tika was coming back from Ottawa on the train and I promised to pick her up. It was 1:25 AM on Saturday and the building was almost empty but it gave me a chance to take a couple of pictures. I wished I had brought a real camera but my cell phone was all I had at this point.







What I do like is that it is such a wonderful building - for such a utilitarian function. Makes me think that we lost a bit when we moved to air transport - especially lately.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: