Sunday, March 27, 2011

Last long run before the race ....

Today was my last long run before the Cherry Blossom Ten Miler. I am starting to realize that I like to run longer more so than shorter - maybe that will help for the marathon training.

So this mornings run was in sharp contrast to earlier in the week when I was running in the deserts of western Las Vegas. Not that it was that much warmer in Vegas but the Vegas trip involved very long days and not normal eating habits. An example - breakfast in Vegas one day was this ....



Of course after eating that lunch and even dinner was not high on the priority. We did manage one really nice dinner at Spagos in Caesars.

My days here are much better for eating with breakfasts like this morning with waffles with fresh strawberries, a little bit of yogurt and granola with fresh blueberries, a small banana, some OJ and some milk.

The rest of the week will have a couple of medium runs and a couple of days at the gym to make sure I stay active before next Sunday. In 7 days I will have finished the race and be out having lunch. That is what I am looking forward to.

..... cu


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: