Saturday, March 12, 2011

They do grow up ....

Very early this morning Tika hopped on a train at Union Station in DC and headed out for her spring break. Yes - I said the train. Some of you may say that it is an odd way to get to Florida - the traditional soring break get-away - but Tika is anything but traditional. For spring break she wanted to go to Ottawa.

Yes Ottawa - with all its snow and low temperatures in the single digits - Fahrenheit.

So this morning she caught a train just after 3 to head to New York to take the Adirondack to Montreal where she would grab a bus for the last leg to Ottawa - 21 hours later.

Laura said she must be my daughter as it sounds like a Gary trip.

I am proud of her - she decided that this was the trip she wanted to make - she figured out and booked the travel and arranged for places to stay and for tickets to two hockey games. Yeah I guess she is my daughter.

Have fun ... and stay warm ... we love you :-*

No comments: