Monday, July 23, 2012

A Great Weekend

Yes it was a bit cooler than we are used to during July in and around DC, and yes it was a bit wet at times but for me it was a great weekend.


Saturday I got to spend the whole day with my beautiful wife. A relaxing
coffee in the morning, a nice lunch, an afternoon at the Torpedo Factory catching up with a couple of our favorite artists, Laura Edwards and Matthew Johnston followed by a nice relaxing supper at home and an evening watching Salmon Fishing in the Yemen. The day was relaxing, no stress and no running around. I got to spend the entire day with the person that makes me smile every day - how much better can it get.

Sunday i went out for a nice run - it was a bit cooler and just occasionally misty - so 7-1/2 miles from Brambleton through Broadlands was great. After i got back and had breakfast and coffee I packed up all the kayaks and took Kris and Sammy kayaking at the reservoir. This was Kris's first time but she did great. We had grabbed some sandwiches beforehand and paddled across the reservoir and had lunch there. On the way we saw herons, turtles and even a loon. The girls were both a bit sweaty afterwards which was also good - I like that they get exercise when they do not think they are :-)



After kayaking Laura and I took Kris to get some things for college. The usual stuff that she will need in her dorm but Kris always appreciates when we do things like that for her. After dropping the girls off Laura made me a great carb loaded supper and we watched the end of the Tour de France (now we are all excited about the start of the Olympics this week).

So as you can see - a great weekend and after that I have no issue in looking forward to a bust week at work.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: