Monday, July 9, 2012

A Bit of a Repreive

Going out the door this morning was a bit of a reprieve ... from the heat that is. This weekend was one where I actually skipped running - it was just too hot. This morning was a bit better - just around 70 but with high humidity still - ok technically it was light rain when I ran so I guess that means 100% humidity. It was nice though that for 30 minutes of running it was raining and that kept me cool for the last 25 minutes.

I did find time on Saturday to go kayaking. EMS runs demos every now and then and this weekend they were going to meet at Beaver Dam so I figured I should go and check out a couple of kayaks. It was great as it was a few degrees cooler than the 100+ at the house a couple of miles away and on the reservoir there was a breeze. You are not supposed to swim in the reservoir but if a kayak happens to tip is it technically swimming? It was a great way to spend a couple of hours on a hot summer day though. I am looking forward to getting out Saturday with Laura :-)

No comments: