Thursday, September 27, 2012

A long week ...

Evening at the lake
 It was a long 5 day trip to Ottawa. It seemed like much more than a few days. Of course only 3 actually in Ottawa - 2 were spent driving. But I am not going to complain because over those few days I got to spend a night at Malcolm's cottage on Long Lake, a couple of nights with Malcolm, Lynne and the girls and I got to see lots of Martika. On top of all of that I had a great meeting with the Government of Canada and got to spend some time with my brother and some old colleagues educating them on what I do now - so a good business trip as well.
Bulk Icing Sugar
(also have bulk cake frosting)

Some of the things that I do miss living in Virginia
    - old friends that have great cottages that are only a short hour away. That short hour really gets you out in the country - as you can see from the picture above;
    - running on downtown along the canal. So many runners and bikers - it is great;
    - Creemore Springs on tap at the Royal Oak
Bulk Prunes
    - and Tika reminded me of the Bulk Barn. The Bulk Barn is a place where you can get just about anything in bulk - as you can see from the pictures. For Tika it was spicy plantains and wasabi peas.

So yes it was a long and at times stressful trip but I was glad I was able to do it and I look forward to the next one. Hopefully it will be less stressful :-)


No comments: