Sunday, September 16, 2012

A Quick Race Report

This morning was the first Navy-Air Force half-marathon. The Navy has annually held a 5 miler about this time of year but this year they combined it with a half-marathon and with the Air Force banner as well. It was a fun race - relatively flat course running much the same geography as the Cherry Blossom 10 miler but adding a few miles up Rock Creek parkway.

My goal going in was to beat my Marine Corps half time. I had targeted 1:50 for the Marine Corps race but missed it by about half a minute. So this one I wanted to make sure I beat the 1:50 but given the flat course I thought I should target a bit faster so my dream goal was 1:45. So I was feeling great as I was passing through mile 12 on target for 1:45. In fact my gun time looked to be 1:44:44. My Garmin gave it at 1:44:34 so I will be anxious to see how I actually did. But either way - as the picture shows - I was happy.

No comments: