Monday, September 17, 2012

Official Results

The official results were posted for the Inaugural Navy-Air Force Half Marathon.

My finish time was 1:44:39 which was running at about a 8:00 min/mile pace, which was just a little bit slower than my last Cherry Blossom time. Overall I finished 296th out of 1723 runners.

I was very excited to see that I beat my goal of 1:45 after having missed my 1:50 goal at the last half marathon by only about 30 seconds.

One of the other cool things was that rather than giving out medals at the finish line they handed out Challenge Coins, which is a military tradition that started for members of units but has extended to recognition of special achievement within an unit. I now have 3 but this one is by far the most rewarding.
Bib and Challenge Coin

No comments: