Tuesday, September 18, 2012

September 17th

Yes I know September 17th was yesterday but I wanted to just write a short post on how it went from a very long day to a very wonderful day.

The long day started very early in the morning with an electronic chirp-chirp. That chirp-chirp would haunt me all day. Every 20-40 minutes - chirp-chirp. I reset and changed batteries in every smoke detector in the house but still - chirp-chirp. I really did not need the being woke early to it. I really did not need the sound as I tried desperately to work reviewing technical papers and standards. I really did not need it when Kris called in panic mode at 1:30 when her computer crashed.

For me September 17th was supposed to be a day to celebrate. 4 years ago Laura had a procedure that changed her life - and thereby changed mine. It was a short 6 weeks after that day that we met and I am forever grateful for her doctors that made sure she was healthy and happy. But my day was turning into something else - that is until Laura came home. Even when the last chirp-chirp sent me over teh edge - she hugged me - and it all went away.

September 17th was a good day.

I love you sweetheart.

btw -the chirp-chirp went away after I figured out it was the alarm for a battery backup for my internet provider - Laura helped me figure that out - and for that I am glad she was her with me as well.

No comments: