Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A Great Thanksgiving ...

Next year when I sit around the Thanksgiving table and I am asked what I am thankful for I think I will need to start with ... I am thankful for Woodinville, WA and the people at Willows Lodge. What a great trip .... and that would lead me to my second thing to be thankful for, well actually it would be my first, Laura who planned the trip. We had a fabulous time. The hotel - beautiful; the staff everywhere - fantastic; the wineries - wonderful; the food - fabulous. Ok we did have a hiccup with some dairy induced pizza crust but outside of that we had a great time. I even got to get out and run 3 days and two of those I saw bald eagles as I ran.

The area is great. It is still maturing but it is getting there quickly. In the picture we stayed at the green star. All the dots are wineries. The furthest on this map - a couple of miles - most walking distance. The weather was cooperative. It rained Sunday but not the whole day. It was cool and damp but hey it is the northwest coast.

Will we do this again - ABSOLUTELY!

No comments: