Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy Anniversary .....

or should I say Happy Pancake Day :-)

So today is the anniversary of mine and Laura's first date. I call it Pancake Day as pancakes is something that we had in common - one of many things. For those of you that know - Laura shares the appreciation of pancakes as engraved inside my wedding band is "Pancakes Forever".

This Anniversary is especially nice as Laura has just gotten back from a week in China and even though she came back to a substantially colder Virginia I know she is happy to be back .... and I am happy she is back home.

So today being the anniversary of our first date Laura made sure to make it special having two roses and a bottle of our favourite Amarone to greet me when I went downstairs this morning. It is those things that she does that make every day special. And I do not mean the things that she does for me - but the things that she does - her caring for others - her generosity - her efforts to make sure her work moves ahead - her diligence to things around the house. They may seem like small things but they are small things that I notice and they are things that make me see how very special she truly is. All of those things also make me work to make sure that I pay attention to the little things as well - taking care of myself - my work - the things around the house that will make her life more enjoyable and easier.

The day that Laura asked me to join her for breakfast changed my life and that November 1st, when I first sat down across from her, sealed the deal for me. I know she will tell the story to the kids on "What not to do on a first date" and it is even those stories that make me smile.

I love you sweetheart - thank you for all you do for me :-*

No comments: