Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

A brisk but sunny Thanksgiving here in Virginia so it was good to go out for a quick run. I needed it after such a great meal last night with all my girls. We celebrated an early Thanksgiving with the girls as myself and Laura will head out in a couple of hours for our Thanksgiving in Wine Country.

We did have a great meal last night. Laura had suggested that we should do a vegan meal as normally we do a regular meal and make a vegan dish for Tika. So this time we switched it around - except no carnivore food. I was a bit nervous as Sam enjoys here lamb and beef but she also always picks at Tika's plate. So I picked up a vegan roast, and I would recommend it - it was fantastic - Field Roast Stuffed Hazelnut Cranberry Roast. With it I did a platter of roasted root vegetables, potatoes, squash, carrots and onions; added some sauteed green beans and made a mushroom gravy. I was surprised to look down the table and not see any food left on any plate. Tika only had a couple of slices of roast as leftovers. I surprised the girls with some Red Velvet cupcakes - vegan for Tika and Laura but regular for the other girls.

We did have a lot of fun as - a lot of laughing and story telling. The girls had helped prepare things or helped clean up, so it was truly a family affair - the way Thanksgiving should be and I am thankful I have such a wonderful family to share it with.

Happy Thanksgiving to all from Gary and Laura

No comments: