Monday, November 21, 2011

More Art

Last year when we were in Dundee on our honeymoon Laura saw a beautiful painting that she immediately fell in love with. We both love art and since this was something that caught her eye right away I had to buy it for her. We had it shipped back to Virginia and it came a few weeks later.

Almost a year later I decided that this painting, that Laura so loved, needed to be somewhere other than the original packing so I took it to a local framer who Laura has used before for wedding photos. The framer loved the piece as well and we worked together to find the perfect combination of frame and mat. I wanted to float it since it has rough edges and is on this wonderfully heavy material. Well it is a big piece and it took longer to frame than I thought so it turned into a late anniversary present. It is now hanging in our bedroom - right where Laura wanted it.

No comments: