Wednesday, October 3, 2012

An Early Morning

This week is one of early mornings. Yesterday an early rise to get to DC through the rain. This morning an early rise so I could get in a quick 3-miler before I headed down to DC. The other benefit of the early morning run was that I did not feel guilty at all about the trip to Lincoln's Waffle House for blueberry pancakes and ham.

Lincoln's is a cool little diner across from Ford's Theatre that generally has a good crowd and this morning that included some of DCs finest grabbing breakfast before their shift.

As usual I sat at the counter and when they brought over m pancakes I pulled a fresh bottle of maple syrup out of my briefcase. The guy sitting across from me smiled - turns out he is from Northern Michigan and fully understood the "real" maple syrup need.

A run and pancakes for breakfast - a good way to start a day - even if it was an early one


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: