Monday, October 29, 2012

Another Busy Weekend

Well this weekend was sort of thrust upon us as a busy one. With Sandy heading our way there were a bunch of things that I had to get done around the house since it would be a few days before Sandy passed and with next weekend being busy it would be mid-November before I took care of the things like getting the grass cut, the yard cleaned up and getting the Jeep cleaned (it was covered and full of dust and not a nice thing now that the windows and roof will likely be in more than off).



So outside of the work outside I also had to get some pumpkins carved, what with Halloween a couple of days away - so I did one for the house here (well I did it for Laura) and then I did a small one for Kris to have in her dorm.

One other big thing that was important for us to do was to vote. We wanted to do early voting to make sure we did not run into any travel issues etc and this is important so we had registered for early voting and we both cast our ballots yesterday. Hopefully they will not float way in the rains from Sandy. What was very cool was we had separately picked stamps out of our stamp box to put on our ballots - when I put mine on I looked and saw that Laura had Liberty on hers and I had picked Justice. Hopefully that is an omen that we end up with Liberty and Justice for all.

No comments: