Sunday, October 21, 2012

It is hard to realize you are getting older

I was watching "Song by Song, Johnny Cash" and found out that his hit "Boy Named Sue" was originally written by Shel Silverstein. That hit me like a ton of bricks.

For those of you that may not know Shel is an author who wrote poems and stories, in volume. I loved Shel's writing. He was creative, imaginative and thankfully prolific. Every night I could I would read his poems to the girls. They loved his poems. They would request different ones. I personally loved Pancakes. Of course those that know me know that I love pancakes so a poem on the subject .... WOW!

When I heard that Shel wrote "Boy Named Sue" it struck me that I have a 20 year old daughter and my youngest is 16 .... and I won't get to read Pancakes for them any more.

It is hard getting old.

Mom - I now understand.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: